Below is a list of things that inspire vs. things that move me away from Christ. It is a list of things I seek out or try to avoid throughout my day.
What’s cool is that the list is personal; it’s different for everyone. They can be simple, sweet, silly, whatever.
Comment below if you want to share! I’m excited to see what people have on their lists.
Things that stir my affections for Jesus:
- waking up early
- being in the car
- praying for my future husband
- country music
- a full moon
- reading old journals and reflecting on God’s faithfulness in my life
- hearing men sing to Jesus
Things that kill my affections for Jesus:
- checking my phone every 5 seconds
- spending a ton of time in front of the mirror
- being alone for a long period of time
- reality shows
- music with vain lyrics
- wasting hours online
- conversations that are empty/shallow/about other people
“What inspires you? Better yet, what stirs your affections for Christ, truth and holiness? If we can fill our lives with the things that stir our affections and avoid and flee those things that rob us of inspiration, we have a better shot at dwelling deeply. What and who inspires you? Stirs you? What presses you into holy places? What robs you of joy and vitality? What robs you of your affection for Christ and holiness?”